Thursday, November 20, 2008

Thursday Nov 20, 2008 thoughts...

Three Wide Media publisher of Flat Out Illustrated, Dirt Lake Model and Dirt Modified have a special offer going right now. You can subscribe for an entire year to all three for $60 or pick two for an entire year for $42. I subscribe to Flat Out and Dirt Late Model so I'll have to take a look and see what my expiration dates are. That's a great deal so if you're not subscribing to any of these publications this is a great opportunity.

There has been a lot of chatter on the websites lately about a variety of issues. I'll skip the non-racing stuff for the time being and get right into what seems to be a developing controversy among Sprint fans. The controversy is whether 410 or 360 racing is better. From my point of view they're both fun to watch but 410's, especially the Outlaws, do tend to string out in single file during most of the Heats that I have seen. They're pure speed and it takes a tremendous talent to tame one but some of the side by side racing has been sacrificed. On the other hand, 360's offer more side by side racing but they're a few ticks slower on the stop watch.

The way I look at it the 360's we see today are faster than the cars many of the legends of the sport drove in their time. I saw some great drivers turning laps times that would have bored some of the current crop of pure speed fans. I that being a Late Model and Modified fan in addition to Sprints it has made me appreciate how entertaining good side by side racing can be. Then there's non-wing Sprints, they're in a league of their own. If you have never seen non-wing Sprints or Midgets you've got to make it a point to see them.

But where was I? Oh yeah, talking about the 410's and 360's. It's all good racing, some people have one favorite class, others like some variety. Whatever works for you.

I'll be writing more thoughts as I get time. Later!

No comments: