Saturday, February 14, 2009

An alternative to Miller Lite

Times are tough so I'll give you a tip. If you're looking for an alternative to Miller Lite try a twelve pack of Milwaukee's Best Light. It's made by the Miller Brewing Company and has a taste similar it's higher priced big name cousin but only nicks me for $6.25 per twelve pack tax included at Wine & Roses in Forest Lake. They don't sell it in cases but two twelve packs only comes to $12.50 so you can't go wrong for at price.

I ran my cell phone through the wash machine. It sux when you do that because even with my upgrade option it still ended up costing me $100 bucks after rebates by the time I got a car charger and a holder to carry the phone on my belt. My wife's phone was overdue for an upgrade too so it I had to get two new phones but it was worth it because we were both overdue. Aside from the phone I had to do some work on the car and truck. The Olds needed intake gaskets, a water pump map sensor and is in line for a stabilizer bar, alignment and new battery. The Ranger needs a new radiator before racing gets underway so I'll have to dust off my tools and do that one myself. Routine annual maintenance.

Practice with the new lens has been coming along quite nicely. It has to be controlled 100% manually but I like the results.