Sunday, November 25, 2007

Kind of slow getting new content posted

My goal a couple of weeks ago was to post to this blog on a regular basis. My best plans always seem to fall by the wayside for one reason or another. Lately I've been dealing with some health problems so I have had a lot of doctor appointments as well as going in for tests and scans. It all started with a bump on the side of my head that suggested there could be a blood condition that results in bumps on the skin. It's too long of an explanation to try to describe it but all the tests and scans have been normal so far. I had the bump on my head and another spot developed on my body around the same time. They snipped the other spot a few days ago, the scans showed no abnormalities prior to the last biopsy. Bottom line, it's a manageable condition and sometimes hard to diagnose. Bug bites and things like that can give false positives. I'll know more on Tuesday, I'm hoping that he'll decide to monitor things and tell me to come back in a few months.

Aside from that an old filling on a lower front tooth broke off yesterday. I'm hoping that they can put in another filling and don't have to put in a crown. Crowns suck, it's a simple procedure to get one but they're expensive and sometimes they want to put a metal post in. Dental work can be expensive, I've got insurance but dental doesn't pay the whole thing, there's a deductible and they only cover around 50%. Oh well, stuff happens.

To my friends who have seen my Ranger pickup, I'm going to have some work done and hang onto it. I hate making vehicle payments and it's been running good so far. It's a basic truck, 4 cylinder 5 speed, no cruise or air, but if I want to go racing I have to own and maintain two vehicles on one income. My vehicle is the "beater" and the wife drives our car. The 4 cylinder is slow to accelerate onto the freeways, I sweat my ass off when it's hot and my foot goes to sleep from not having cruise on long trips. Putting up with those inconveniences makes it possible for me to go racing so I don't really mind.

Photo sales have been going pretty good since the end of the season. Thanks to everybody who has bought my photos this year. I really appreciate it. You won't find me walking from hauler to hauler hawking my photos, all sales are off my website or by word of mouth. My photo sales are only meant to supplement my racing budget and they're doing a great job of that. I have been getting a lot of my photos published in Flat Out and Dirt Late Model used some of my photos in their most recent issue. Considering that I only attend about 30 races per season and don't travel much further than 150 miles it's quite an accomplishment to get that much exposure in national publications. Flat Out will be doing a feature on my work in an upcoming Salute to the Shooter so watch for that because it's going to be quite a tribute to our local drivers.

Well, that's going to do it for now. I'll make it a point to post more often.

No comments: