Saturday, November 10, 2007

Newsfeeds on gotomn, personal Blog with some local items...



I finally purged the last remaining press release from my blog. It took a couple of weeks to delete two years of content from this thing. As you can see I'm leaving Navy Davy's "Shot of the Week" and a few other items of local interest in the blog and will be posting my MRC articles and personal thoughts as well. I know it doesn't look like a big change to you guys but I was spending an hour a day uploading press releases to this blog. After browsing around the internet at some of the newsfeeds that are available to racing websites I realized it's redundant to post this stuff myself. One hour a day average time spend reposting news and results is 365 hours per year or over 15 days spent duplicating what the newsfeeds do on your website automatically. Welcome to the modern age (LOL) the days of websites being cluttered with 100 banner ads and the webmaster cut-n-pasting news and results onto our pages are a thing of the past.

I created two sections on the main gotomn.com page which now incorporates news and results from the hoseheadsforums.com newsfeed. In addition to that you will find a column of links for my favorite tracks and series on the left side of the page. If you click on the track name it will open the track website in a separate window where you can find the latest news and info for each track. In addition to that you will see links for "news", "results" and "schedules" under some of the track listings. These links will open a window to the SpeedNet newsfeed in case it hasn't been posted on the track website yet. Under the tracks you will find links for my favorite series. Please note that you're not going to find every last track or series on the main page of my website. These are my favorite tracks and one of the criteria is that they've got to be Sprint Car friendly. If a track runs Sprint Car specials and I like to go there then it's going to be listed on my front page. If a track is located too far from where I live and I don't go there then it's not going to be on my front page but that doesn't mean you won't find it on my Links page. The front page is designed with dirt track Sprint Car, Late Model and Modified fans in and around the Twin Cities in mind. Don't bother to email me and bitch at me if you don't see your favorite track listed on my front page. They're my favorites, not yours, this is my website and not yours. You want links to every damn Pure Stock track from eastern Wisconsin to Montana you're SOL because the gotomn front page isn't where you're gonna' find it. Go to the 20/20 board or someplace where they give a damn if that's what you want. I'm not anti-entry class but on the other hand I don't want my main page cluttered with everything on wheels.

Yeah, I'm going to tell it like it is on my blog. If I go to a race and something sucks I'm not going to pull any punches and feel like I've got to paint a rosey picture. If I have a really good experience at the races I'll be sure to talk about that as well. There's no agenda, it's basically whatever is on my mind. If a post on one of the message boards gets under my skin from now on instead of getting drawn into an argument on the message boards I'll post my thoughts on here. When you come into this blog all bets are off, think of it this way, you just pulled up a lawn chair and took a beer out of my cooler. You chose to join me around my campfire so you never know what you're going to hear us say.

That's going to about do it for now but check back every week or so and I'll probably be venting about something that I read on one of the boards somewhere. No sponsors, no obligations ;-)

No comments: