Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Wednesday August 6, blog statistics...

The USA Nationals and a few other things have kept me away from the blog for a few too many days. The blog hits picked up quite a bit when I was posting every day. The best month was July when it got 1397 visits. The gotomn.com website gets a lot more than the blog at around 15,000 to 20,000 unique visitors per month during the season. Unique means the number of new persons that visited the website at least once during the month, the website monthly hits are higher.

I wore myself out at the USA Nationals and had to spent a few days recouping. Actually it's been a working recouping and it has been sort of a challenging week at work. Not that I had more than the usual amount waiting for me but I've had some tough files dumped on my desk that I had to get a second opinion on. We know what the price needs to be but we're trying to figure out how to make adjustments on two separate files. They're currently sitting on a supervisor's desk and even he is having a tough time getting an answer on how to work through some of the system edits. That's right, finding the price is relatively easy compared to some of the hoops we have to jump through when something out of the ordinary comes up. It's a complex system with thousands of interconnected users. Sometimes you don't see that kind of stuff for six months but I had it waiting for me this week. Tomorrow I have to stand in for someone who will be on vacation so that's an additional task this week. Sometimes that happens but you just buckle down and work through it. Last week it was my turn to relax, this week it's somebody else's.

Tonight I was going to cut the grass but it rained here north of the cities so it was too wet. It's not that bad anyways, this time of the year the lawn growth slows down so a person can get away with going over a week between cuts. I'll find a couple hours sometime during the next few days. Probably on Friday night the way it's looking. I wonder if I could drive to work and sneak out early to get a head start on it. I'll have to think about that because an hour head start never hurts on a Friday. I've got grandkids coming over Thursday that I need to visit with so everything is going to converge all at once on Friday and Saturday.

I'm going to back off for a few weeks and only take in one night of racing per week through the Richert Memorial. The following week I'm planning on going to the 100 for most if not all of the four nights. I've got some work pending around the house that I really need to devote some of my vacation time to. I get pretty busy on the computer tending to photos when I shoot three or four nights in a row and am getting to the track mid afternoon. Probably with the 100 I could leave a little later than usual and maybe spend a night or two out there. I'm sure the campground isn't full yet so I've got time to plan this out. Thing is that week off is going to be my last serious opportunity of the summer because I don't get much done during the week. Usually after the last printed issue of MRC I can back off a little because the online version is monthly and everybody has seen photos from every possible angle of every car that races within 500 miles so I'm not in a big rush to get them posted the very next day. By that time of the season I can swap CF cards and not take as many shots. Who knows, maybe I'll even watch a Feature from the stands. I'm thinking about doing that one of these days because I haven't watched a Feature from the stands all season. I do watch some Heats and some of the semi Features from the pit side stands at Cedar Lake sometimes if I have to take a break.

Anyways, I'm rambling too much tonight. I'll try to get in the habit post more often again now that we've got the big weekend out of the way.

No comments: