Monday, April 28, 2008

I better start using this blog once in a while...

I haven't been using this blog enough to justify having it so I'm going to make an effort to jot a few thoughts down as often as possible.

Today is the 28th of April and with only a couple of days left this month the gotomn website has registered 11,243 "uniques." In other words, every time someone logs onto gotomn for the first time during the month they are considered a Unique visitor. This stat differs from hits (or page visits) which are total visits to the website for the month including return visits by the same individuals. Total hits so far this month are 16,606. Not that it really matters because my website doesn't have any advertising and I don't make any revenue for page visits but it's good to know that somebody is visiting the site. If they weren't then it wouldn't be worth my time and resources to continue doing it. It reminds me of the old joke if a tree falls in the woods and nobody is there to hear it did it make any noise. So for gotomn.com is still making a little noise after over ten years online. LOL

Yeah, you heard me, gotomn.com has been online for ten years since I got that domain. Actually, I created my first website sometime in late 1996 as a personal homepage and it morphed into what it is now. Not that gotomn.com is really all that much in the overall scheme of racing websites. The ones still around that were online way back when I started mine are all sponsored commercial deals. There aren't many left that are basically hobby pages but I still enjoy fooling around with this stuff so I'll hang in there.

I'm listening to Steve Kinser on Dirtnation as I type. Usually I download and listen on my MP3 but I wanted to listen to Steve live. He's always an interesting interview with a wealth of experience. I've kinda come full circle and become more of a Kinser fan lately. He's pretty close in age to me, a family man, a grandparent and still trying to fit that King of the Outlaws image. He was just talking about the increased costs of travel, parts and fuel and it sounds like the Outlaws deal is getting be a tough way to make a living. As a fellow mid 50's grandpa I know how tough it must be playing this young man's game at an age where a guy wants to grab the remote and a beer and crawl into the recliner at the end of the day.

Man, I hope we get some decent weather this weekend. The advance forecast isn't looking the greatest but we'll just keep an eye on it and hope for the best. I refuse to take what seems to be an obligatory shot at Al Gore whenever it's cold and rainy. Is it just me or is anybody else sick of reading 50 posts blasting Gore everytime it rains? I'm not an Al defender, just want to read the facts and not the BS.

Well, not much more to say tonight. We'll see if we can make a habit of this and keep the blog going. It's Monday night and I'm tired. I think when the Kinser interview is done I'm gonna shut down, grab the remote, a glass of ice water and enjoy some recliner time. ;-)

Later,
Stan

No comments: