Friday, July 11, 2008

A few photos added to the 2008 driver gallery

I had the privilege of attending Cedar Lake's 2008 NASCAR night on July 9 and it was a great show. I caught up with a couple of Modified drivers that I hadn't seen before at Cedar Lake this season. Maybe you can help me ID who these guys are.





Thanks to Kenny Wallace and Ken Schrader for stopping what they were doing for a moment so I could take these photos. Copies will be submitted to the Speedway and racing publications. We appreciate what you guys do to promote the sport for some of us fans who might not get an opportunity to go to Sprint Cup races very often.

So if you haven't checked out my 2008 driver gallery you better do that right now. What started out as a project to help put together a program for Cedar Lake Speedway's NASCAR night morphed into a personal project. I get to meet a lot of drivers each season so I thought I'd share that opportunity with everyone. I really do appreciate the cooperation of each and every driver who has agreed to have their photo taken.

If you haven't checked out the MDTR photo gallery for a while you might want to do that as well. I don't always announce when I post photos on the message boards because it gets a little redundant. People know where my site is located, they know I take photos and that I have a photo gallery on my site. I don't always have time to announce when I post photos but I'll try to do it once in a while. After all, it would be a waste of time to do all this web work if nobody ever saw it. So anyways, here-tis! as Schreier (an inside joke) would say.

People have been giving me sh*t lately about not getting a haircut for a while. I look at it this way, $20 per month x 12 months = $240 per year. $240 divided by $4 per gallon = 60 gallons. 25 miles per gallon x 60 = 1500 miles per year. 1500 miles is the equivalent of 23 round trips to the Cedar Lake Speedway which translates to a large part of my racing season. Any questions? What's more important, short hair or racing? H*ll, I came up in a time when if you didn't have hair down to your *ss you were looked on with suspicion. My heroes have always been cowboys, and rednecks

But seriously, I can be a sensitive guy and sniff flowers and sh*t like that. LOL

Anyways, where were I?

Oh yeah, Last week was my vacation week and I got so darned busy with photo work that I never got a chance to relax. I'm honored that some of you appreciate my style of photography and graphics but on the other hand I'm kinda lazy. When I get too many photo orders I kinda' get freaked out and curl into the fetal position for a while. Once I snap out of it and get busy doin' the orders, well, then it ain't so bad, I get caught up. Now I'm just about caught up to where I can catch a breath. And I do appreciate photo orders. Keeps me in race track hot dogs and Miller Lite. Gotta love that.

Scary storms came through here tonight (Friday night July 11, 2008). I helped the wife out on the deck to make sure the baby birds didn't get hurt and the toad living in the planter didn't drown. That was my "good earth" side, sorry Al but that's all you're getting from me. That's about the extent of my environmental awareness. Aside from that I just go with the flow.

Vinster's band played at Moondance Jam last night. That's a pretty prestigious gig to play on the same card as Sammy Hagar. I jammed with Vince, his dad, his friends and a guitar player that I know a few times. I knew right away when I hear him the first time that Vince was better than most of the drummers I had heard in my garage band or roadie days. I've been playing guitar since the mid 1960's, I'm not professional caliber but I know enough about music to know a good musician when I hear one. It's kind of like racing though, you can't really tell how good a race was when you're close to the action in the infield. Seeing the bigger picture in the stands is the only way to know how good it really was. Same thing with music, when you're trying to hit the right chords you're so focused on yourself you don't see the big picture. All I know for sure is that I was totally outclassed in those jam sessions and I knew they were a helluva lot better than me.

So I finally got a chance to get back on my blogging schedule. It took an entire week but I could see from the increased hits the blog is getting that more people are checking this blog out. It would be a shame to get some blogging momentum and not follow through on it.

No comments: