Monday, July 14, 2008

Monday, photos have kept me going so far this season...

Thanks to everyone who has bought photos and graphic designs from me this season. As I have probably explained before, I don't sell photos for a living nor will you find me canvasing the pits with a portfolio. I rarely even announce when I post my pics on the message boards anymore. Nevertheless you good folks are finding me and that's helping me to stay afloat for another season. When I can no longer afford to run up and down the road it will be time to cut back but amazingly I'm on a pace to go to more races this year than I ever have. Granted most of them are close to home but that's another cool thing this season is that I'm enjoying the local racing a lot this year. Anyways, thanks for seeking me out and asking for some photos, it's very much appreciated.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that some people are going a little overboard blowing their horns about their photos and websites? I dunno, maybe it's because I've kinda' been there and done that after having done this stuff since the winter of 1996/1997. I don't get excited about it as much anymore and quite frankly everybody's photos look pretty much the same as the next guy. Personally I think it's the graphics that sets some people's work apart from the others. There are a lot of people out there who can take photos but not very many can come up with a graphic design. I don't do a lot of that business but I'm capable of doing some nice designs whenever anyone wants something. Like I said, I keep a low profile and try to slide under the radar instead of being the first one to post "I just uploaded a gazillion photos from..." And the people who respond to every post complete with an array of graphics is getting a little tiring too. They might as well just post in huge letters "photos for sale, mine are the best, buy from me now!"

I'm content and thankful for the little bit that I'm doing and happy with my present work load. Two, three, maybe four requests per week is as much as I want to handle with the processors and the post office. And I didn't even have to toot my horn very loud to do it.

Due to the successful week I've been having with photos I might just be able to swing a trip to Deer Creek for the IRA. They're suggesting that rain is going to creep into our forecast for later this week so we'll have to see how that goes. Likewise I'll have to see if we can get clearance from the track to take photos. If it doesn't work out I'll head out to Cedar for the Late Models and Mods as their shows have been a lot of fun lately. I'm partial to Sprints and haven't seen any since the Kouba Memorial so I'm hoping Deer Creek works out for me so we'll see.

Well, I better get off the computer and spend some time with my granddaughter before it's time for bed. She's spending the night with us and I'm getting dirty looks for being on the computer since I got home from work.

Later!

No comments: