Tuesday, April 28, 2009

What's wrong with my work?


photo was randomly selected to illustrate my work and not meant as criticism of those pictured

What's wrong with my work this season? I'm having beyond a miserable year supplementing my gas and hot dog budget. So far a big fat $0 (compared to the other photographers I know who all report that they have done well so far). I'm not sure what the solution is or even if there is one but I'm funded for a couple more months so I hope things improve.

Isn't the sharpness clear enough?

Is there a problem with composition?

Does the color balance look off?

Your feedback is encouraged, please send to: mndirt@hotmail.com

As always my work is done primarily in support of the racing publications and tracks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The photo work is fine...I worked my butt of 2 summers ago travelling nearly every weekend to different tracks handing out cards and made very little. Then I had a had catharsis while sitting on a dirt mound in the infield one beautiful summer night. Why was I doing this I asked myself...because I love the sport and I love photography...in a way it's like fishing...always tring to get "the shot". It's a thrill. And that's the night my attitude changed...I do not care if I make money doing this. The quest for money stifles your creativity. You find yourself treating this passion as work...it's not. When it becomes work it's no fun.
And I don't get a free pit pass at most of the places I go. I expect no quarter but give many.
I think nearly anyone can take decent pictures these days with the advances in digital photography and even marginal photos can be photoshopped.
CWood