Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cutting the lawn and getting the camper ready...

I don't think that I have to tell anyone what a difficult spring this has been. By this time of the the year I've usually got the yard in pretty good shape, a project or two underway and the camper ready to go. My yard is too big to cut on a week night and do a decent job. It takes about 3 hours to trim and do a good job mowing. After the hail knocked half the leafs off the trees I should be out there with the bagger but that's a good four hour job. Maybe I'm getting kind of old but I don't have the energy or desire to work on the yard all night from the time I get home until bedtime. Truth be told I'd like to live in a town house and not have to do any of this yard maintenance anymore. I spend a lot of computer time at night on the website, photo work and trying to get organized for the weekend. I'm not really a yard person or a gardener. Whatever happened to the kids nowadays? No kids are knock on the door offering to mow the grass for a few bucks. Don't they do that anymore? It's going to be a few years before the grandkids are old enough and I can hardly wait. Bottom line, I had a few cold ones in the fridge, one thing led to another and I ran out of steam shortly after supper. I'll get the yard done eventually.

I'm not prepared to Camp at Cedar Lake for the Masters. In addition to the camper not being ready the weather isn't looking very good for Thursday. Tonight on the news they predicted torrential rains of 3-5 inches in eastern Minnesota and western Wisconsin for Wednesday into Thursday. The forecasters were off last week and we never got any rain so I hope they're wrong. I have an appointment at the house on Friday morning so Thursday would have been out anyways and I have to be here. After that if the weather is favorable and I can get the camper ready I might pull it out there provided I can get a spot. If they manage to race on Thursday night I'll check into it. Otherwise I've got a few numbers for people at the track.

Actually, aside from not being able to enjoy the company of fellow race fans I don't mind sleeping in my own bed. Maybe I can hang around somebody's campfire after the races and shoot the breeze. We'll see how it goes.

There's a lot of uncertainty when the weather is a factor. At least everything is nice and green if there's no other advantage to living in what's beginning to feel like spoungeville.

No comments: