Monday, June 09, 2008

Monday, Cedar Lake dodged the weather...

Amazing that they were able to get a complete show as well as make up Features in all divisions and a couple of Heats in one night. The rains that hit some area tracks spared Cedar Lake and allowed the program to take place. I for one was very happy to get a night of racing in the books.

Gas went over $4 today in a lot of places. I managed to fill the tank for $3.99 today but I'm sure that station will go up as well. I'm not going to go on a tirade about my personal values or anything like that. All you have to do if you want to see that is visit any message board and you'll find it. No, I'm not happy about it but what are ya' gonna' do. I just try to plan my travel accordingly and put the emphasis on traveling to the races on the weekends. So far so good.

I figured out a way to save $20 per month in gas money which in my vehicle comes to about 125 miles at the current price. I stopped getting haircuts. A cut was about $15 and the $5 tip came to $20 per month or about 5 gallons of gas at the current price. My Ranger gets around 25 miles per gallon so that comes to approximately 125 miles per month. Times that by an entire year and you've got $240 or about 1500 miles. 1500 miles divided by 64 miles round trip to the races at Cedar Lake comes to 23.4375 trips to the races. And all it's going to cost me is the price of a binder when my hair gets a little longer. I've got my priorities in order.

The Masters is coming up in a few days. I'm hoping for a good forecast but Thursday looks like it could be a little wet. It all depends on where, what time of the day/night, and how much precip we get. From what I'm seeing it's not a total wash but a scattered showers kind of a deal. The good luck from last Saturday night has to carry through the weekend.

Well, got a couple more hours of computer/photo work to do so I'll type to ya later.

No comments: