Thursday, June 05, 2008

Thursday and it's wet again...

Thursday night and there's a storm system stretching from the Texas panhandle to northern Minnesota tonight. More of the same is predicted for Friday with a 40% chance from Saturday through Sunday over in western Wisconsin. This weather pattern has been brutal on racing not to mention the citizens living in the patch of some of the storms.

In my case we're dealing with some hail damage. Depending on what transpires I may have to pay a deductible to get some work done. In addition to that the dryer stopped working so I'm sure I'll be looking at a new one of those too. Despite meticulously budgeting for this season there's always unforeseen obstacles that come up. We'll have to sort it all out and see if I can still manage some of the racing trips I've got planned. Travel is fun but there are so many things to take into consideration before setting out on a trip somewhere. I'm sure I'll still be able to make it to some of those races I've got planned. We'll just have to wait and see what the outcome is.

This dryer was I think the third $150 used one that has gone out on us. I'm going to have to buy new next time. Three strikes and a change in the way I do things is in order. In the meantime the wife and I can do a load whenever enough piles up and hang it up in the basement to dry. No rush, there's a laundermat in town where we can dry stuff if we need to for a couple weeks. We'll get around to it eventually. We wouldn't have been so casual about it when our kids were still living at home. No rush, we're both jeans and T-shirt people anyways. Exotic equipment is not required to dry jeans and racing shirts. Even when I'm not wearing a racing shirt I've usually got some kind of T-shirt on.

Racing, oh yeah, racing. This is supposed to be a racing website, isn't it. I guess I should talk a little about racing to stay on subject. It's been brutal for me with this weather trying to get in full racing mode. For example, Cedar Lake has run two complete shows and a half show that rained out after most of the Heats were completed. I'll be writing about the absurd numbers associated with the weather related cancellations in MRC. Be sure to pickup a copy and see what I've got to say.

Did anybody watch the Prelude to the Dream on HBO PPV? I could have gone down to the Blacksmith just north of Hugo and watched it there but I had second thoughts about sitting in a bar for four hours then driving. The wife wasn't willing to come down and get me after the broadcast but the clincher was that my granddaughter would be stopping by. She hadn't been around for a while so I decided to get the PPV. Part of the proceeds go to Kyle Petty's Victory Junction Gang Camp. If I had gone to the Blacksmith my money would have gone to the bar instead of Kyle's deal so that was an added bonus of purchasing the broadcast myself. And another added bonus is that I recorded it on the DVR so I can watch it again.

Well, I'd better get going and get some computer work done. Hopefully we'll see everyone on Saturday.

No comments: