Monday, May 05, 2008

Monday, Monday

Happy Monday. It looks like we're going to get some more wet stuff tomorrow but the rest of this week should be alright. A chance of rain is starting to show up for Friday and Saturday but it's too early to give a percentage. This is the week I plan on traveling with GRP to Jackson and Knoxville so I hope the weather holds out. I'll be watching the situation closely and we'll adjust our plans accordingly. We could do anything from going further to staying local depending on what happens.

In my last couple of posts I mentioned some tracks but neglected to include Cedar Lake. That's because I consider CLS my home track and I'm not traveling when I go there. They have always treated me great out there, both the previous and current owners. I wasn't leaving them out and certainly appreciate everything they have done.

I'm hoping Jackson can get their show in. I had a great time at their August all Sprints show last year. I can't remember the exact car count but there were plenty of 360's, 305's and IMCA cars to put on a good show. There was controversy, thrills, and a spill (more like a frontstretch gillhooley sp?) that Chris Graf got the worst of. I'm expecting some familiar drivers to show up and maybe even a few Knoxville cars.

Our plan B in case of the dreaded R word would be to hi tail it down to 34 Raceway in West Burlington for the IRA. There will be a lot of wet stuff during the middle of the week down in that area so we'll keep an eye on all the possibilities.

Knoxville is on tap for Saturday. I'm not going to allow myself to get too pumped because they're already showing a 40% chance. That's scary because it's the only destination I checked that already shows a percentage for the weekend. It's too early for any prediction on the timing so I'm hoping the current forecast will become more favorable as the week goes on instead of the opposite. At least I don't see any mention of a rush of cold air coming in again.

Another option would be to use the day of vacation Friday to get some projects done around the house and head out to Kopellah or Princeton. Then I'd hope that the Cedar Lake opener finally happens on Saturday in spite of the "R word" that's creeping into the forecast.

No matter what our plans are let's all hope for the best.

Message boards, my downfall. I'm going to make an effort to not post on the boards. I don't get offended by the name calling or what people say to me or about me but I'm getting tired of wasting so much time on them. Especially 20/20, it's a great board but I can't restrain myself from mouthing off. Those who know me know that I'm quiet bordering on shy but I let it all hang out on the 40. In the past I used to do too much "Miller surfing" which is never a good idea. I would get in a mood where I'd go on there and stir things up on purpose just to get a kick. Then they'd take a shot at me and I'd get pissed and start defending myself. A few days later I'd get one of those notices that someone answered me and they'd be all riled up. I'd look at what I said and think "I said that? No wonder they're mad." And when some other hard head opinionated person like me would try to convince me how wrong I was, forget it, I wouldn't back down.

So I'm trying to stay off the boards except for racing business only. No LOL, no trying to be funny, no sparring with the jokesters like Zimmy and HoosiersUP. Opinions change with time but I'm still being beat up about things I said six or eight years ago that I've long since forgotten and probably changed my opinion on.

And it's going pretty good so far. I haven't posted on 20/20 in a half hour...

No comments: