Sunday, May 25, 2008

Two out of three ain't bad...

Two nights of racing out of three ain't bad. I opted not to go down to Kasson today for two reasons. Number one is that there are supposed to be storms starting around 4pm and they upped the probability to 70%. Second, I went on the Kasson website to find out what the start time is and stumbled across their media policy. They have restrictions on photographers and I don't know if my publisher made it clear that I would be taking photos. I'd sure hate to spend the gas money to drive down there only to be denied access to the infield when I get there. Their website says media members are required to present two examples of their contributions to publications. I have a couple bundles of MRC I was going to bring down there but that's only one publication, not two. If it was Late Models or Sprints I could provide samples of my contributions to Dirt Late Model and Flat Out but I don't contribute Mod photos to any other publication besides MRC. There's a chance some of my Kopellah photos might be published in the next issue of All The Dirt but I just sent them yesterday so that won't do any good.

Kind of ironic that my website is called "Minnesota Dirt Track Racing" but only Wisconsin tracks let me do my photo thing. Too bad it worked out this way because I really like USMTS and was looking forward to seeing them. I have a hunch weather will be a factor tonight anyways.

Last night I had a great time at Cedar Lake. Speaking of Mods, Dave Cain drove a great Feature race last night. Congratulations to Dave.



My son Les and daughter-in-law Tina brought my oldest granddaughter Lucy to her first race last night. That was cool to see them out there. They'll be back for the Firecracker.



Well, I guess it's time to get back to watching the Indy 500. I don't sit and watch televised racing from start to finish. I like to pause the DVR and do other things and stop by the recliner once in a while to catch up with the action. I buzz the commercials and long stretches of green flag runs. I'm not much of a TV watcher.

I've got writing and photo deadlines but I'll probably post a blog entry again on Monday.

Later and happy Memorial weekend to everyone.

Stan Meissner

No comments: