Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wednesday May 14, busy place tonight

Not much time to type, just jotting a few things down while checking email. I've got to get out in the yard and see if it's still soggy. If not I can pick up some sticks so I'll be able to cut it on Saturday between races. Yard maintenance is a hassle when one is attempting to go to races. You can tell our yards from the neighbors who spend all weekend pruning theirs. Weeds, dandelions, and the grass is half way to our knees most of the summer.

I listened to another installment of the dirtnation podcast today. They said that Billy Moyer dropped off whatever touring groups he was following to run closer to home. I'm sure we'll see him up here because we're located within his part of the country. Nevertheless, this is getting to be a disturbing trend but it's easy to understand why these owners can't keep up with the fuel bills. Same thing happening in the WoO Sprints and a lot of problems with the weather.

People in racing sure use the word "awesome" a lot. It's probably the most overused word in the racer's vocabulary. Everything is awesome but it can't all be that awesome can it? I'll try not to follow the crowd and reserve my use of the word for special occasions. If I can restrain myself and do that it would be....well, for lack of a better word...AWESOME!!!

I could say a lot but not much else on my mind except getting outside for a while. Somebody told me that 37 USAC Midgets were preregistered for La Crosse. That would be an AWESOME show. Dang, there I go again...

See ya!

By Stan Meissner

No comments: