Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Taking inventory on Wednesday

The non-race-fan family sure has been working on me so far this spring. Tell me, how am I supposed to go to the races on a Saturday afternoon when these two are hanging on my leg begging me to stay?



I haven't figured that one out yet. I'm going to try to get the wife, kids and grandkids out to Cedar Lake for the Firecracker. Probably the only way I'm gonna' be able to do that is pay everybody's admission and gas to and from the track. If that's what it takes it will be worth every penny of it. My three grandkids have never been to a race and they'll love those fireworks. With any kind of luck that crazy guy will run an old junker into a motorhome. The kids would love that.

I listened to the lastest Dirtnation podcast today. I like that show. A recurring theme seems to be cars not traveling if there's too high of a percent of rain but I didn't hear how the crowds were. It's going to be a challenging year. I plan on writing about that a little in my next MRC column but I don't want to dwell on it. After all, racing is recreation, it's what we do to escape the challenges life throws at us. Negative thoughts ought to be off limits at the track.

Today I found out that I got two more photos in Dirt Late Model. I'm curious to see which ones they used. I'll have to send them some more when racing gets underway. I'd like to add some open motor Late Model races to my schedule. I'm looking at that WDRL show in Spencer but it's the same time as the Red Cedar Rumble. That's much closer to home but the Sprints will be on the card at Spencer and Jackson is considering adding a show the night before. I'm on vacation that week and Saturday is the Kouba Memorial. Depending on the travel cost I could possibly make three nights in a row. The way this coming Saturday is shaping up I might end up not spending as much as I had planned. Weather might be a factor again this weekend. I'm set to go at Knoxville but their rain chance is 50% so if they cancel we'll head back home and make another attempt at the Cedar Lake opener.

I've got some planning to do on my schedule. Deer Creek has become a possibility for a couple shows as well. I'll have to dig out the ol' rubber nose and glasses disguise if I go there after I caused a stir.

My goal is to post business only on the message boards. You know, announce photos and articles, post specific information about races. I really have to make an effort to do that.

I'm tired of typing so I'll post another day.

No comments: