Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Photo & Graphics projects, CLS to July, slow start so far...

I've been kind of busy with graphics projects the past couple of weeks. Here's a sneak peek at a low resolution sample:



This one should look nice in a frame at 11"x14" and I am confident that Mike will be happy with the results. The place where I have them processed does a beautiful job but it's more expensive than a lot of places so that cuts the profit margin. Fortunately I have picked up my speed to the point where I can kick out a design pretty quickly. Most of all I enjoy the artistic aspect of taking the photos and coming up with the designs then figuring out how to make my rough sketch a reality. It's more fun than sitting around watching television at night.

I was looking at my racing schedule and realized that I'm going to be at the Cedar Lake Speedway for every show through the World of Outlaws Sprints in July. The Saturday following the WoO I'm planning on heading up to Brainerd for the Kouba Memorial. I understand that the Princeton National has been changed to a one day event and that the WoO will be in Brainerd that Friday. I already took that day of vacation and will have to figure out how I'm going to handle this. At these gas prices it might make sense to stay somewhere up that way on Friday night. We'll figure that out as the time gets closer.

This season has gotten off to a slow start with all the rainouts. Even some of the nights we've been able to go racing the weather has been a factor before, during or after the show. Last Saturday at Cedar Lake I tore my camera down on the tailgate of my pickup, packed it away and by the time I got to County Road CC and H it was pouring rain. If the rains had come five minutes earlier I'd have been caught with my camera and lenses laying on my tailgate. That was a close call.

Well, time to get going and do some relaxing before bedtime.

Stan Meissner

No comments: