Saturday, May 24, 2008

One down, two to go

One race in the books for this weekend, two to go. Last night I had the opportunity to go to Kopellah and watch some racing. The night started out a little on the dusty side, I think the sun took us all by surprise, but a quick watering brought things around real nice. I love watching racing there but find that it's a little tricky shooting photos because of the way the shadows affect the lighting. You setup the camera for one spot and it's overexposed, pan a couple car lengths to your right and you're underexposed. Not to mention that setting the white balance always gives me fits in those conditions. Definitely a challenge but there are some good photo ops there. I always enjoy going to Kopellah. I know, I'm a bit of a hypocrite saying I wasn't going to a lot of weekly racing and now I'm going to concentrate on it until the middle of July. Things change, I'm flexible.

Tonight will be the first CLS double Features night. Rains are supposed to hold off until after 1am and with this format the show should go pretty quick. I'm looking forward to it.

Tomorrow will be USMTS at Kasson weather permitting. There's a 50% chance of storms, some could be severe, etc, etc, etc. I was looking forward to that trip but don't know if I want to risk the gas money. We'll keep an eye on the radar and internet boards and make a decision tomorrow afternoon.

Not much more to say right now. Scrambling to get ready after uploading Kopellah pics and working in the yard for a few hours.

More later.

No comments: