Thursday, May 01, 2008

Thursday Doc appt

I had my five month follow up at the Humphrey Center this afternoon. They tested and scanned me last fall, removed a couple of lumps, and never were able to give a diagnosis. The doctor says it's not skin Lymphoma but beyond that he's not sure. Anyways, he says to come back in September and we'll probably go to every six months after that. Ever seen that show "Mystery Diagnosis" on the Health Channel? That's me, a mystery, but I've got a green flag for the racing season so that's good.

I'm still looking at ideas for a new logo and page design. Haven't come up with a plan yet so I'm taking my time. I'll see if I can think of some new directions I want to take the website but nothing definite in that area yet either.

Why am I calling this my O'Doul's Tour 2008? Because I want to. Seriously, I got tired of beer for the buzz but I still like the flavor. O'Doul's Amber has a good taste so that's my "beer" of choice. I don't miss it. Maybe I just got too old, I don't know. So the name O'Doul's Tour 2008 sends the message that I'm going to take live a little more serious.

I'm looking forward to next weekend's trip to Knoxville. I've got a writing deadline on Sunday the 11th so I hope we are successful in lining up credentials for the trip. If not I've got a work around in mind. We'll get the driver comments we need for The Racing Connection.

Did you see the articles in the SI Nascar section about the downturn in attendance due to fuel prices. Here's the article. I think that's a precursor as to how the short track season is going to shape up once it starts getting underway. You won't see much of an effect at first because we lost a month of the season so not many have spent anything yet. I'm not wealthy but I've got a pretty good income, more than a lot of people, but I've always been careful about running up debt. That's from being raised by my Depression Era grandparents. I thought they were oppressive as a teenager but they taught me some valuable lessons that our credit happy society would belittle as "cheap" but they knew how to get by.

I've got a lot more to say but I'm going to save it for later. My back has been aching due to the weather change so I'm going to do some heating pad time on the recliner with a book I've been reading.

Take care and stay dry.

Stan

No comments: